Listen to this article Ukrainian Defenders Claim Victory: 72nd Russian Brigade Defeated Near Bakhmut, Territory Liberated And Prisoners Captured
The 3rd Assault Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine successfully defeated the units of the 72nd Motorized Rifle Brigade of the Russian Armed Forces near Bakhmut, leading to the liberation of a part of the territory and the capture of prisoners.
- Andrii Biletskyi, who founded and formerly commanded the Azov Regiment and leads the National Corps, confirmed that his forces destroyed the 6th and 8th companies of the 72nd Brigade, while also suppressing the brigade’s reconnaissance.
- The Armed Forces of Ukraine destroyed a significant number of armoured combat vehicles, and the Wagner PMC incurred heavy losses.
- The offensive operation covered a strip 3 kilometers wide and 2 kilometers and 600 meters deep, resulting in the complete liberation of the territory from the Russian occupying forces.
- During two days of offensive operations on the southwestern outskirts of Bakhmut, the 3rd Assault Brigade’s attack aircraft killed 64 occupiers and another 87 halfway towards them. The data is being updated as the fighting is ongoing.
- The destroyed Russian equipment included several enemy ammunition storage points, mortars, and a few infantry fighting vehicles.
- Both Biletskyi and the Ukrainian brigade confirmed the information.
Yevgeny Prigozhin, the financier of the Wagner Group, stated on May 9th that one of the Russian Armed Forces units had left its positions in the region of Bakhmut in Donetsk Oblast, denuding a front almost 2 kilometers wide and 500 meters deep. However, the Ukrainian brigade later confirmed that this report was false.
Also Read This :